Hello,

I am a 55 year old women and I have been shopping with Lenscrafters for over 7 years now. I have always liked the way that the staff and enviroment is far superior to that of Wal-Mart and other Optical Centers.

But, everytime I get a new pair of lenses I always have to wait a week or more for my lenses to be "special ordered". Why is this? Are the people in the lab just too lazy to make my glasses? I have a -3.50 x 4.75 with an axis of 46 on both eyes.

HELP!

Had an Experience with LensCrafters?

Comments

I JUST LOVE THE -

THEY ARE LAZEY COMMENT -

IF YOU WEAR HIGH INDEX - OR ANYTHING WITH AR - AND HAVE A CYL LIKE THAT - YOU WILL NEED TO WAIT ANYWHERE !!

SPECIAL ORDER ARE FINE WITH MY GLASSES - I RATHER KNOW I AM GETTING SOMETHING THAT IS BETTER THEN THEY HAVE IN THE DRAW !

As the other people are stating it is your astigmatizm that is making your job a special order.Stores in my region mainly use the SGX generator WHICH can in most cases cut that prescription.

However, some stores still use a 113 generator which doesn't cut that much of a curve.

Basically special ordering that job will make it thinner, and lighter, and better for you

As a former lab manager at LensCrafters, they have the equipment needed to produce these lenses. It is the lab associates laziness that even keeps them from trying to produce the eyewear.

Willows, California, United States #30948

Unfortunately it's your astigmatism that forces them to have to order your glasses. The machines in the store can only produce a specified range so if your prescription falls out of the range they have to send out for it.

I know it stinks but I'm sure that's the reason why your glasses always have to be ordered.

your cyl power (4.75) is out of range for lenses normally kept in stock. Since it is a rather strong perscription it needs to be ordered from a special lab.