2.6

Purchased eyeglasses from LensCrafters at Turkey Creek, Knoxville TN in Nov. 2019, took them back in Jan.2020 due to an issue with the frames, LensCrafters inspected the frames and found them to be defective and exchanged them on the spot, left that day totally satisfied.

In June of this year I had to go back to LensCrafters for the same issue with the frames a second time. However, this time I was informed that LensCrafters had instituted a new policy concerning warranty claims with the frames they sell, I would now have to file a claim with Luxottica. Not exactly what i wanted to hear but I followed the instructions I was given and filed the claim with Luxottica. After what I consider a lengthy back and forth with additional request from Luxottica I received their response to my claim, Denied!

They informed me that they had determined that the frames were not defective and there was no evidence of poor workmanship but they were happy to offer me another pair of frames at a discounted price, which was more than I paid for the first pair. What I found most confusing was how they were able to make their determination from only a photograph.

A word of caution before making a purchase at LensCrafters, ask them who handles warranty claims on the frames they sell and who determines if the frames are defective or not. I will not be using LensCrafters ever again, not the employees fault, corporation needs to find their moral compass, decide if they are a company with morals, values and principals.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lenscrafters Eyeglasses.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

LensCrafters Pros: National retailer.

LensCrafters Cons: After sales service and replacement parts are terrible.

Location: 11289 Parkside Dr, Knoxville, TN 37934