Verified Reviewer

1.4

The attachment is a picture of my 6 month old glasses which I had made at lenscrafters in White Marsh Mall. After repeated cleaning thinking my lenses were constantly dirty, I saw this problem in some stadium lighting one night.

I went back to the store the next day and showed the salesperson my glasses. I asked what could possibly be wrong since it looks like the non-glare Finish was breaking up in the lenses. The representative looked at my classes and said, oh no you have multiple scratches which when mixed with either tears or sweat caused the Finish to be ruined. Mind you, it's been over 100 many of the days in spring and summer.

In addition, my husband had emergency open heart surgery and so yes, there were tears. The salesperson offered to price me out a new pair of glasses and then made a :-( saying that she wished there was insurance for tears. I would like to know how you think this can be resolved? At the very least I want your salespeople to inform customers before they pay extra for any coatings that the Coatings would be subject to breaking up if they have even one scratch.

Everyone gets scratches.

I left there in tears and not even worried that it could ruin my glasses even worse. I will tell everyone I know and post pictures of my glasses to warn other customers.

User's recommendation: Do not go to lenscrafters but if you do, do not get the coatings! The same thing happened to my mother in law.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lenscrafters Eyeglasses.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

LensCrafters Pros: Convenient location, Nice selection of frames.

LensCrafters Cons: Anti-glare coating flakes off, Lenses scratch way to easy.

Location: 8200 Perry Hall Blvd, Nottingham, MD 21236

Comments

#2075712

No response from lenscrafters at all.

#2075719
@Terri S Kku

And they're not, get on with your life.

LensCrafters Reviews