Honolulu, Hawaii

I bought a pair of eye glasses in August 2015. In April 2016, the right arm fell while I was taking my glasses off.

So I took them back to Lens Crafters, they said the spring hinge broke. I have used my glasses for 8 months only. This is really not a long time for glasses ! I have been wearing glasses for 20 years now.

I have always taken very good care of them and kept them for a very long time (considering the price for one pair, better be careful !) The spring hinge had a manufecturing defect and that's why it snapped after such a short time. But even knowing that, they refused to replace it for free ! I felt swindled ! They should have a free, and automatic, warranty covering manufecturing defect happening within the year of the purchase !!!

That's the least they could do !! This is such a bad customer service, I'm very disappointed :-(

Product or Service Mentioned: Lenscrafters Eyeglasses.

Comments

Oh No! You didn't get something that you didn't pay for.

Most place offer optional warranties, you took a gamble and lost. Stop whining and accept responsibility, manufacturing defects are incredibly rare, and when they exist they show up usually with in a month.

Nothing is free, get used to it.