Congress, Arizona

I have used Lenscrafters since the early 90s. The last 3 times I have wanted to use my old glasses.

The first pair they said they could not put new lenses in made sense to me. They said the bottom of the lens were held in by fishing line and it was too stretched. OK, they got the sale of new frames they informed me would be able to be used for another pair of lenses. When I returned to have the lens replaced, they gave some reason as to why it could not happen & I bit again.

That time I got full plastic frames & again was assured they could put new lenses in them Yesterday I went to the Arrowhead Mall in Glendale AZ and was told if thye were over two years old, they could break and so lens could not be replaced. I walked out-goodbye Lenscrafters.

Comments

They could have replaced the nylon string on your old frames. LensCrafters only cares about making a sale.

Not taking care of the customers.

They have fallen away from that years ago. Get back to taking care of the customers LensCrafters!!!

The shouldn't have said that they could put new lenses in the plastic frame. While it is possible, the condition of the frame is crucial.

Plastic has a tendency to dry out, especially if you leave them in a hot area such as in a car. A lens can be cut to fit the frame, but if the frame breaks, it would be at your risk since it would be an old frame beyond warranty.

Its funny - that you even care like this -

I AM SURE - that either with one of the in store promos - or say aaa or aarp - it will be almost the same cost -

esp with the DIFFERENCE IN DISCOUNTS - for complete prs compared to just updating the lenses -

and yes - the other poster is right - WHEN( NOT IF ) that frame breaks - u would say - I JUST PUT THOSE LENSES IN THERE _ why should i pay for new lenses - and a new frame - ?

FYI - IT is not USUALLY POSSIBLE _ to put lenses into a different frame - ( AND MAKE THEM OPTICALLY CORRECT AND VALID under ANSI - ) - so those who try this - are doing a inservice - so there you have it -

GLASSES ARE NO LONGER MADE TO LAST more then a few years - ( UNLIKE BEFORE ) -

its the plain truth !!

PLUS _ HEY YOU NEED A UPDATED LOOK _ !!!!

O.K., so the old frames are used, but in a few months they break. Then this customer will be back wanting a frame just like the one that is now broken.

It aint gonna happen....it's almost impossible to re-order a frame that is several years old. God, I've lost track of how many times I've seen that happen.

Stop being so cheap and get new frames you *** It's people like you that ruin the world we live in, one pair of eyeglasses at a time.