Dallas, Texas

My friend and I were going to pick up a pair of prescription glasses at the Lenscrafters at North Park Mall in Dallas. He had already paid $550 for the glasses that had to be special ordered for the prescription.

As we approached the store a tall saleswoman approached me with a coupon and free lens wipes. She ignored my friend. When we walked into the store she continued to ignore my friend and only focused on me. I didn't realize it at the time but she had done this to him before.

It became obvious that she wanted to serve me because I am white and not my friend because he is Asian (with dark skin). We were the only customers in the store, which made the situation very awkward. My friend was so upset he could not stay in the store until management could resolve the situation. On our way out the customer service supervisor apologized and said that the sales clerk was already going to be fired.

What is Lenscrafters waiting for? This situation is disgusting and dumb. The company discriminates against paying customers and loses a sale from me.

I had brought my new prescription to buy a new pair of glasses. I don't feel comfortable in a store with these poor business practices.

Sincerely, Daniel

Product or Service Mentioned: Lenscrafters Eyeglasses.

Comments

#191173

I understand the awkwardness in this situation, but do you really think that Lenscrafters encourages this behavior? It was one bad employee.

I mean really? Think about it.

That's just one of the reasons why the online glasses business is booming.

Brad sounds like you still have your diapers being changed by you momma. You are sad and pathetic.

Brad, I hope you're being sarcastic. If not, you're a real pr@ck.

Here's the thing; Quit hanging out with that yellow-skinned *** and pick a real American friend. Problem solved.