Orlando, Florida

Worst experience ever: I realize that stellar customer service is dead and I am extremely disappointed in such a popular and publically advertise chain of vision care experts lack the common courtesy of providing a consumer with proper care. I left the store unsatisfied and so frustrated.

I went to a LensCrafters at the Loop in Osceola County, Fl. at Nirth John Young Pkwy. I have to stress that I have had the worst customer service experience there. I have been wearing glasses and contacts since the age of 13, I am a hard- working 42 year old wife and mother of two.

I was explained my Humana vision care benefits and told that I would need to pay $0.00 for contact lenses. My experience with the optometrist was great and then I had to sign in to see the sales rep. What a nightmare!!! First, the wait took more than an hour.

Had the information been shared with me that I would need to sign in to order my contacts, I would have done so before seeing the optometrist because his visit lasted 20 minutes. Then the swindle arrives from the sales representative, who saw the $0.00 for contacts written by the receptionist on the form the doctor completed. "Oh, she made a mistake, we will talk to her later, but you have to pay $91.00." So I paid it and was told that I would receive a phone call to pick up my contact lenses. I received the phone call on New Years Day, however, I informed the person who called that I would pick it up today.

Today, I went to pick up my contacts, so I signed in and stated that I was picking up contacts on the sign in sheet. There were 4 people ahead of me, each was called one by one and serviced with some extra attention since they were buying. I had already paid several days earlier and only needed to pick up 2 small boxes of contact lenses, 45 minutes later, I approached the receptionist and asked, "Excuse me, I'm just here to pick up contacts and I've waited 45 minutes already, can you help me?" Her response, "I'm sorry miss, I've just punched out and am not working anymore." The store manger approaches us and the front desk clerk, informs her that I had a question but that she just punched out and could not assist me. The manager says I'll be right with you.

10 minutes later another sales rep approaches, checks my name off the clip board where I signed in, goes to the back, and hands a me a Baggie with my contacts. 60 seconds, that's what I waited close to an hour for, sixty seconds. "Really", I asked to speak to the Manager and after I informed her that this has got to be the worst experience of customer service that I have ever seen. She apologizes and takes my name and phone number with a promise that she'd call me as soon as she checks things out.

Now I did inform her that I was supposed to return to purchase my glasses however I am absolutely positive that I have lost faith in Lense Crafters and will need to go elsewhere. My husband even suggested to the Manager that there should be a separate sign in sheet for pick ups since it only takes so little time to hand someone a bag.

Wow, I felt it necessary to tell you the story as fair warning. - truly disappointed consumer

Product or Service Mentioned: Lenscrafters Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

LensCrafters Pros: Optomotrist.

LensCrafters Cons: Customer service.

• lenscrafters bad customer service

Comments