Chico, California

I have been going to LC for over 20 years I believe. I've been wearing glasses for 45. I believe I know pretty much how to take care of them, what to clean them with, not to wear them to bed, in the shower, so on and so forth. Although, I am not wearing one of those scrappy little lab coats, I believe I know just as much as the "lab techs."

I bought 2 pair of glasses last January. Both pair were over $1,400.00 together.

I scraped up the lens in one pair when I had a nasty fall. So in on December 13 I went in and had just the lens replaced. Since I was in the "window of

replacement time" I only had to pay $150.00 for new lenses. It was my fault they were scratched. Not by not taking care of them but by the fall.

On Jan 13th (yesterday) I notice that the top of the lenses are cracking. Faint hairline cracks. I had just been up by the store (50 miles away) but didn't notice until I got home naturally. I called the store and spoke with what sounded like an uneducated 12 year old who told me I "probably dropped them." I told him no, not unless in my sleep and I didn't remember. Then it must be all the hair spray and or Windex I use to clean. Or the laundry soap, toothpaste etc, etc. I told him I had been wearing glasses longer that he had been alive, he didn't get the inference. I know how to take proper care of something that cost the same as a nice vacation. I have owned over 25 pairs of glasses and never had a problem. He looked me up in the computer, told me that I was just in the 30 day window to have them replaced, come on in and they would take care of it. So today I drove in the 50 miles each way, and geez, the guy didn't make any notes in the computer, didn't remember speaking to me or anything of the situation. I know I was at the right store as there is only one within 200 miles of me. I spoke with another "underling" and was told that I wasn't covered because I was a "day late and a dollar short." I explained to her and 2 people above her that I had called and "Steve" was going to make a note in the computer. "How come you didn't come down yesterday, it would have been covered?" I had been in town already, couldn't have driven back and made it before they closed anyway. Good old Steve said he would take care of it so no need to hurry in.

Suddenly they don't know me. I have spent THOUSANDS with this company over the years and they wouldn't replace ONE lens because I was a day late ! So much for customer service and making me happy. They did make sure to ask if I wanted to go ahead a replace it for $75.00 or go ahead and get a another pair because they were having a "sale." I told them that yes I was going to replace the lens but I would do it elsewhere. As would all future purchases for myself and family of 4 whom all where glasses.

So lose a customer whose been coming for 20 years and has spent thousands and has a big mouth when irate, because I was a day late. Hmmmmmmmmmm. I tried to e-mail them but of course that part of their site is down . So tomorrow I will call. Won't get me anything I'm sure but I will feel better.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lenscrafters Customer Care.

Comments

You're a ***. You were late, past the time that they've established (30 days) to do it in, yet you feel entitled to an exception.

It's like when a credit card company tells you to pay on a certain day and they charge you when you're one day over. I suppose you'd think you deserve an exception then too since you've spent a lot of money on that card.

What makes you so special that you can't be held to the same standard as everyone else? People like you make me not want to go above and beyond at all.

ANOTHER DUMB ***

"Although, I am not wearing one of those scrappy little lab coats, I believe I know just as much as the "lab techs."

I HAVE BEEN USING COMPUTERS FOR 25 YEARS NOW BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN I KNOW MORE THAN A COMPUTER EXPERT

"USING OMPUTERS FOR 25 YEARS"

SORRY LEFT OUT THE C IN COMPUTERS

I HAVE BEEN USING OMPUTERS FOR 25 YEARS NOW BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN I KNOW MORE THAN A COMPUTER EXPERT