Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3.0

Lens coatings came off after only 1 1/2 years! I had the same thing happen to mine!

They claimed it was because I wasn't washing my cleaning cloths often enough! BS! I own an optics company and we have our own branded microfiber cleaning cloths so that can't be the reason. I even wonder if some of it came off and got into my eyes!

I suddenly had something scratch my eye, but couldn't identify anything specifically in it. I even had to go to the eye doctor. My eye doctor told me that the coatings were coming off that's why I couldn't see clearly out of the lenses any longer. Hmmm.

Sounds like a class-action suit should happen.

Especially since I also suddenly had high eye pressures. Thanks for writing your story here!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lenscrafters Eyeglasses.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

LensCrafters Pros: Range of products you offered, Selection of frames.

LensCrafters Cons: Poor quality, Customer service, Having marks on the lenses, Anti-glare coating flakes off.

Comments

The coating on the lens of my wife’s glasses started coming off 6 months after purchase. Lens crafters manager in Myrtle Beach implied this was due to the way they were being cleaned.

We paid $455 after insurance for what I consider to be a poor quality defective product. I recommend buying your glasses somewhere else!