Marlton, New Jersey

Upon leaving Lenscrafters on Route 10 in East Hanover, NJ I realized that the prescription in my new glasses and sunglasses was not strong enough in one eye. I called to confirm the prescription that they put in the frames and they told me it was 3.50 in both eyes. This was incorrect- my prescription is 3.50 in the left and 3.75 in the right eye. I told them this and they denied it, saying that is not what the prescription said. I knew they were wrong, but they told me I had to go get another prescription from my eye doctor.

When I brought them the "new" prescription (which was 3.50 and 3.75) I asked to see the original. They went in the back and produced the original which was obviously altered! Someone with completely different handwriting and a different pen attempted to change the 3.75 to a 3.50. And it was a really poor attempt.

I brought this altered version back to my eye doctor's office where they were shocked and said they would never let a prescription go out like that. They also had a photocopy of the original to prove it. Lenscrafters continues to blame everyone else and denies the entire thing.

I will NEVER do business with them again. Not only did they waste a lot of my time and energy on this, they have also told me they could make a pair of sunglasses that they could not do- TWICE! I just thought everyone should know about this. They cannot be trusted.

Comments

I had the same problem with them. They are a fraud.

They could care less about your eyes. They only care about selling and making money.

You may also call us at 1-877-753-6727.

Hi, I'm Holly with LensCrafters. I am so sorry to hear about your poor experience at one of our stores.

I would be happy to try to resolve this issue.

Please email me your name and I will contact the Regional Manager of the LensCrafters you visited to fix the problem. iCare@LensCrafters.com