New York, New York

My husband and I get our glasses from Lenscrafters. I had a problem the last time.

The last TWO times there was a problem with his. On his previous pair even though he paid extra for the so-called scratch resistant coating, his glasses became horribly scratched. He was told that they were scratch resistant, not scratch proof. They told him that and let him walk out.

The current prescription has what is undoubtedly a defect in the way the lab made them. He has transition lenses, and where the screws go into the lenses the coating is separating from the lens. After my constant urging he finally went into the store where he got them (107th St & B-Way) and he was told that he had just missed the warranty period. He was offered nothing!

Again, they just let him walk out without offering him any solution or discount of any kind if he got new lenses. This is obviously a manufacturing defect and not something he did. I just found out about this. This is totally unacceptable!

This is not just poor customer service. This is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!

And I intend to tell everyone about it. Lenscrafters has lost us as customers and I will tweet, facebook, and write consumerist.com, Gripe, BBB, and anyone else I can think of so that everyone with an internet connection knows how lenscrafters treats a loyal customer.

Comments

Recently purchased glasses at LensCrafters. I didn't notice but people told me my lenses looked bubbly.

In fact the U V film was separating and bubbling. The store replaced my lenses after confirming I had purchased extended coverage and it was under one year.

I was grateful, but still felt the product was defective and they should have replaced the lenses regardless of when they were purchased. Thankfully my LensCrafters stood by their commitment to customer service.

alyssavigue

Specs, LensCrafters had Reactint as well as the Transition-brand Transitions. The Reactint had a film which darkened.

The store I worked at found out the film was delaminating . We offered to replace our customers lenses for free if it was within two years of the purchase date, or half off a complete pair or lens replacement if it was outside two years (and they had to get a new prescription because of state laws on expired prescriptions) and we also stopped carrying/selling Reactint (which for people with bifocals meant they had to have plastic transitions that took two weeks or more to come in compared to the poly transition-brand lenses we carry in-house in about an hour but can only do for progressives). Not sure what the other stores are/were doing, but don't assume they don't have the Transition brand.

I do admit that whoever approves the hiring of managers has been failing at finding good people. We were lucky to keep our Retail Manager (they fired about 500 from what I heard), and he has provided the best customer service I have seen EVER.

I purchased my first pair of glasses 2 years ago. After about 9 months of use, I no longer needed them.

I put them away in their case in one of my cabinets. I got them down a couple of weeks ago and the left lenses had started to separate. I only used warm water and my cloth for the glasses to clean them. I live in Texarkana, Tx and the local office has closed.

Not sure what can be done if anything.

Please let me know. Thank you, Peggy Roswell

I bought eye wear in 2005/2006 - paid about 700 CAD - the frame is now peeling off even though the lenses are perfect without any scratches. The Store where I bought it cannot help in replacing it - The lenses are good for many years to come - I am in no position to buy another pair of glasses - there has to be something that Lenscrafter can do to assit.

Hi Again! Do you know who asked you to call the Regional Director?

It may be invalid information, and generally we handle these types of complaints at the corporate level instead of having customers contact a Regional Manager. I would be really happy to get this issue resolved for you. If you could email me your name and the store you visited I would be happy to investigate and get this taken care of for you.

I am located in the corporate office and I'm sure we can get this all sorted out. Pleae call 877-753-6727 option 6, or Email me directly at iCare@LensCrafters.com.

Hi Again! Do you know who asked you to call the Regional Director?

I am located in the corporate office and I\'m sure we can get this all sorted out. Pleae call 877-753-6727 option 6, or Email me directly at var prefix = 'ma' + 'il' + 'to'; var path = 'hr' + 'ef' + '='; var addy86617 = 'iCare' + '@'; addy86617 = addy86617 + 'LensCrafters' + '.' + 'com' + '.' + ''; document.write( '' ); document.write( addy86617 ); document.write( '' );

Hey Knickfan1...The regional director of operations for NYC is a joke...If you want results, here's the email for Luxottica's president which owns Lens Crafters. It's KBradley@LuxotticaRetail.com...Good luck to you and be sure to mention how the regional director of operations didn't even respond to your problem.

knickfan1

I received an email requesting I contact the regional director of operations in New York. I called and emailed him.

He has yet to get back to me. And as I originally stated, it appears that customer service and satisfaction is not a priority with this company.

Holly...why is it that it has to get as far as this for LC to help out their customers? Maybe it's b/c employees are in such fear of losing their jobs b/c their stores are not hitting goal that they'll try to get money out of the people that come in any which way they can?

If you're from customer service, all you're going to do is listen to the customer complain, type it up, and fax it back to the store the complaint originated from so that they can handle it...what a joke.

Oh, and Knickfan1, LC has been using defective "transition" lenses for years.

Instead of fixing the problem immediately and investing their money on "authentic transition", they used cheap knockoffs which delaminate after a period of time...You should find a better place to purchase your eyewear and will stand by their product. You may end up spending more money going elsewhere, but it will be so worth it in the long run....Good Luck.

Long story short. I fell off a cliff and my glasses were destroyed , after getting out of MGH with stiches still in my face went back to lenscrafters to get replacement of glasses (not even 6 months old) I was told I needed a piece of the glasses ????? WHAT they are at the bottom of a cliff probley washed out to see (cliff was on the ocean front) OH WELL NEVER NEVER GO TO THESE PEOPLE

Hi! I'm Holly w/ LensCrafters.

I'm so sorry no help was offered at the store location. I would be happy to look into the incident and see if there is anything we can do to fix the lenses.

Please call or email the details and I will see what we can do to fix this. 877-7536727/iCare@LensCrafters.com.