Camden, New Jersey

Im not too sure what to think about this, but not terrible thrilled to get a unsolicited call from a retail store on a Sunday morning. I took the call and the person on the phone told me he was calling because it had been a while since my last eye exam and last purchase from LensCrafters. It has not even been 2 years and my insurance only covers exam/glasses every 2 years. Why would i come in sooner? My records should have told them i buy new glasses biannually.

At any rate, I asked him how he got this information. He tells me LensCrafters sent lists of previous customers that havent purchased for a while to every store in the company and were instructed to call them to setup eye exams and visits to the store for purchases. Thats pretty shady business practice and desperate if i ever heard it. I asked person to remove me from their call list. He did not know if there was a list to remove, he said "Just by buying from Lenscrafters you're on the list." Last time I checked I gave out my information for record keeping on my prescription information not to be bother by a company looking for money. Surely this violates or bends some HIPPA laws.

Long story short, i ask to speak to the manager. He echoes the same sentiment, they were told to contact all of these customers to get them in to make eye appointments and purchases. It was purely a "service oriented call in case they were unaware when their last exam was, sometimes people are forgetful on their eyeglass exams." Really? Not me. I asked him to remove me from the list as well and he also said there was no way to get off the list. Probably only to be removed from the list is to come in and purchase. Seriously? I have to buy my way off the list?

Its this type of stuff that keep me going back to my private eye doctor for exams and even though Lenscrafters has better frame selection and turn around time with lenses, I know my doc wont be calling me Sunday morning and bugging me and my family to come buy things.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lenscrafters Eyeglasses.

Comments

#441945

DOCTORS MAY BE STEALING FROM THE COMPANY BY CALLING CUSTOMERS TO ENCOURAGE THEM TO HAVE SURGERY TO CORRECT VISION. THEY GET AT LEAST $500.00 OR MORE FOR THE REFERAL. THIS IS NOT COMPANY PRACTICE.