Mission Viejo, California

In June of 2008 attorney for the Plaintiff's filed a motion to approve a settlement that would allow LensCrafters to pay $30 and or some vouchers for LensCrafters products or services to class members.

However, under the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act, persons whose medical information is disclosed without authorization [which is the basis of this claim] are entitled to $1,000 in nominal damages [nominal damages are considered punishment for the conduct that the defendants engaged in].

If you did not opt out of the lawsuit or you accepted the offer, you gave away, in theory $970. Yikes!

The question is: Did the attorney representing the class members properly disclose this information to the class members? Where class members given enough information to make an informed decision about accepting the offer?

In any case, the judge will accept the settlement on July 11, 2008. Unless enough class members objected.

If you are unhappy with the terms you can mail a letter to the judge and the attorneys

RE: Snow et al. v. LensCrafters, et al., Case No. CGC-02-405544 (San Francisco Superior Court)

Clerk of the Court

Morrison & Foerster LLP

425 Market Street

San Francisco, CA 94105

Comments

There is no explanation why some people will beg for crumbs ($30 coupon) when there is a $1,000 check waiting for them. Mybe if you hired an attorney you would get the thousand dollars for a $150-#300 letter?

I assume customers will always mishandle getting ripped off because they don't understand the law and that they never hire a legal person to properly obtain the legal settlement.

i got my new eyes at lenscrafters they got me a creigt card to be use only that their store only when i when to use it no creith on it

I just got my 30 dollar check and there was a 25 dollar voucher with it to.

(today's date is 12/17/2008)

I still haven't got my $30.

:? When are we getting our $30 ? Because I'm still waiting..!!!

I was totally unaware I was forfiting $970! That would at least cover one pair of glasses that started loosing its coating in less than 1 year!

My sunglasses are so bad, other people notice!! AND, I still have not received my lousy $30.

WHERE WOULD WE FIND THE INFO ON THIS ISSUE ?

WHAT IS THE BACKGROUND ON THE CASE ?