Fort Worth, Texas
Resolved

After having a bad experience at Eyemasters in the same mall your store is in, I went to Lenscrafters to find new glasses. The person that helped me that day was Peggy.

She seemed very knowlegeable and friendly and willing to help me. I told her what I was looking for, the price I had paid without my insurance at Eyemasters ($279.99) for designer Armani frames and Essilor lens with progressives and transitions, uv, scratch resistance-everything! I have Eyemed insurance. She called your lab to see if you have the verilux physio 360 lens and she said that they did.

She put it my insurance info in the computer, she put in a generic frame with a cost of $200.00 and supposidly everything I wanted including scotchguard. She gave me a total of $277.00 for everything. She even showed that to me on the computer. I advised her that I had to get my refund back from Eyemasters (since they did not line up the bi-focal properly the glasses were a mess).

I kept in touch with her over the next few days to let her know how that process was going. When I got my refund back, I called her and advised that I would like to come in and pick out a frame and purchase the glasses. I double checked again to make sure the price was as quoted as I had done every time I spoke with her. She stated each time that it was.

I told her I could come in on Friday (July 10) She stated that she was off that day and that I could speak with her co-worker Sandy that day. My sister and I went up there Friday and I chose a pair of frames that were $220.00 D & G dd5028 in bronze. I wasn't sure about the color on the temples so I was advised to drive to the Cedar Hill store or the Southlake store to view them in another color or see other frames available. I then drove all the way to Cedar Hill.

I live in Mansfield, so this was not close to my home. I arrived at the Cedar Hill location and they were very busy so I had to wait quite a while. They were out of that frame and had ordered a pair in black for another person but it was already sealed and ready to be shipped to another customer. I then left, but was advised that I could go to the North Park Mall location in Dallas to see them and other glasses.

That was much, much farther to drive and I didn't go. I went back to the Parks Mall location in Arlington on Monday. Sandy was there since Peggy was off work that day too. I decided I would go ahead and get the bronze ones.

She looked in the computer for my information, typed in my RX and proceeded to fill my order, did measurements, etc. When she was done, the price was almost $500! I didn't understand why. I explained that this was not what was quoted to me.

She had the manager Charles to look at the order and he advised that I wait until Peggy comes back to work on Tuesday and let her do the order since she would know what she had done. I waited to receive a call on Tuesday, but instead I had to call her. They were busy in the store she stated, and she would call me back in about 30 minutes. 2.5 hours later, she called me.

She stated she was still working on it and would call me back. She did call me back and said she realized that she had forgotten to add something to the order and that's why there is a big difference int he price. So, I have wasted almost a week with this! I've wasted time and money driving here and there for her to have misquoted me on the price!

Shouldn't the price be honored since your employee quoted it to me directly and showed that price on your computers!!! I was assured when I spoke with your employees that you were much better than Eyemasters and that you stand behind your products and customer service is your main objective. I'm not seeing it.

Sounds too much like a bait and switch to me. I will be posting this letter and my experience with your company around the internet.

Rosalyn Newman

Comments

oh noes, you didn't post this on the internet did you?!?

but the person who started this complaint isn't rude or selfish?

#119256

Did your mothers ever teach you if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything all? Rude People

well that is the problem one, everybody feels that they are "owed" something. people complain about all the rules and regulation we have in the US, but it is because people are ready to sue at the drop of a dime.

people like this one won't let a "mistake" pass, they want some sort of prize because they were "wronged" or inconvenienced.

but you can bet that if this person ran a business and made a mistake, she would come up with a hundred reasons why she should be let off the hook.

so let's see here...

they make a mistake

they admit they made a mistake

and they offer to give you a 10% discount because they made a mistake.

but that is not enough for you?!? it isn't like they caused you physical harm. you are just being selfish and want something for nothing.

they offered to do something for you, and if you don't like it, shop somewhere else! do you realize how petty you are being?

God forbid you make a mistake! Or anyone else.

Please, please, please go and buy your Varilux lenses online. That way, when they're made incorrectly and not measured by anyone, you'll have no one to complain to. All of you people who want something for nothing need to wake up and realize you get what you pay for.

Misquoting happens all the time, and is what we call life or better known as reality. Varilux lenses are extremely high priced lenses and it sounds like you are just trying to get a BMW on a KIA budget. I hope your complaining about not getting that $700 lens for more than half that price gets you somewhere...I really do.

Being misquoted about anything and everything is a part of life also known as reality. I work for a private doctor and Varilux lens are expensive lenses.

If you did not like the price or attitude go to a private doctor and see how much they really are. I have a feeling you just want that BMW on a KIA budget.

AT&T has 2 complety different plans of insurance. One plan covers pretty much everything and the other is not even close to it. it could be that they had you under the wrong plan one of the times that you was in the store

As to the comment from Idoctx, sounds like you work for them. As to being a letter writer, yes I do.

I don't like being lied to or lied about. And yes, I will continue to write about this and tell each and every person I come in contact with (And I speak with hundreds of people daily) about my experience with this company.

My insurance is through AT&T and we are speaking with other union members about this experience. :(

I'm not sure what she forgot. Also, this company is not a member of the BBB, so the complaints are noted, but they would not qualify for membership due to all the complaints. I'm still looking at other places such as buying my glasses online

not bait and switch....there is no guarantee that you would not have a bad experience at private practice office...and definitely not all private practices hire ABO certified opticians...and if they did they would have to adjust their prices accordingly to pay for ABO opticians. ABO opticians have no special powers...read articles...take a test...send in money...u get a piece of paper saying u're certified....no special training...c'mon

rosalyn is a letter writer....i'm sure there is more to the story....reality check....nothing's free....u get what u pay for....

Sorry to hear about your experience with Lens Crafters. Its sad to hear these stories and the run around you experienced.

To be honest, If you really want great care and service goto a private practice. They have many more options as far as frame and lenses go. Most private practices hire competent ABO licensed opticians. Texas, unfortunately, is one of the few states that don't require a license to dispense glasses or contacts.

You can really teach anyone to sell glasses, but licensed opticians generally take their work more seriously and are in optical retail as a career.

I really hope you got the Frame and lenses you were looking for. The varilux physio 360 is a great lens and much better than the progressive (Ovation) lenses EyeMasters, Walmart, etc.

carry. Good luck

I'm not sure, she didn't say. She just said sorry, but would be happy to order the glasses for the new price...I received a call from the regional manager and the manager of the store and they want to sell me a cheaper product....NOT.

They also offered me a 10% discount...so, $50.00 of the $500 price or 10% off the cheaper product. The regional manager stated that he would not sell me what I had requested for the price that I was quoted...bottom line.

what specificaly was forgotten during the initial quote?

being an employee ive never seen that much of a difference in price unless the insurance benefits were not used properly