New York, New York

I've been going to Lenscrafter since I was 16, and I'm now 27, which makes me a pretty loyal customer one would say...until today.

I got an eye exam in April and they gave me a new brand of contacts.

The contacts I ripped really easy I ripped almost 3 pairs and I'm a long time contact wearer so I'm used to handling contacts and that pretty much never happens. So after my last pair ripped I was in dire straits and I just stumbled blindly into a lenscrafter and ordered another pair-well actually a box each which is 3 months ($110) and promptly ripped a new contact, and so on and so on until I was wearing my glasses more than my contacts. Today, one-eyed again, I went into Lenscrafter and asked to please try a new pair. They told me no and they had never head any problems with these contacts and I could pay for a new exam and get a new pair but no, I could not have a free sample pair.

I'm sorry but how hard is it to get a Dr.

to look at my eyes for five minutes and perscribe me new contacts?

Is it work losing a customer that has been coming to Lenscrafter for 9 years? I guess so-because in no way did the employee or manager at the Lenscrafter on 6th and 13th try to appease me in any way whatsoever they just watched me walk out the door with my prescription and go elsewhere.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lenscrafters Eye Exam.

Comments

DOES NOT MAKE SENSE YO ARE HOLDING THIS AGAIST LENSCRAFTERS _ ?

WHERE DO U LIVE _ SINCE IN FACT THIS WAS NOT LENSCRAFTERS ISSUE - OR CUSTOMER SERVICE -- THE DOCTORS ARE INDEPENDENTS AND LC - CAN NOT STEP INTO THEIR BUSINESS NOR VS - VS -

SO MAYBE YOU SHOUDL NOT GO BACK TO THAT OD - BUT DO NOT HOLD LENSCRAFTERS ACCOUNTABLE !!

AS FOR THE 5 MINS AND BEING REFIT - THERE SHOUDL BE NO REASON YOU WAITED 7 MNTHS TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE - THEY ARE RIGHT - YOU WOUDL NEED TO BE REFIT - AND I WOULD IMAGINE - YOU WOUDL WANT THAT NEW RX VALID FOR 1 YR - FORM THAT DATE - AND NOT THE 3 MNTHS YOU WHERE ENTITLED TO ---

SO YOU WHERE COMING DUE FOR THE EXAM - WHY NOT JUST GET IT - AND CHNAGE BRANDS - ?

as ofr the 5 mins - 7 mnths later - is is really unreal that you would expect a professional to give you free exam - or refitting for that much - most practices will do rx changes for 3 mnths TOPS - and any open boxes - after your org set of trials CAN NOT BE returned they are YOURS - u own them -

Did all of this occur at the same eye doctor? If not, then it is understandable why you would have to pay for a new exam.

If it was the same doctor why did you wait 7 months to have something done? Now the doctor will have to start all over again. Due to the possibilities of changes in your eyes a doctor will do a complete exam after a certain amount of time. All eye doctors will do this.

If they don't then they are not practicing proper ethics. I worked for an optometrist for 15 years. The fitting fee included free visits for 1 month after that there would be a charge. When we had a patient have problems with continual tears we would tell the patient to return the lenses in contact lens solution to us so that we could return the lenses to the cl company who would in turn send new lenses to replace the torn cl.

The cl company will analyze the lenses to determine whether or not there is a defect in the lenses. I have worn cl since I was 14 I am now 47. From time to time I tear lenses. Sometimes one right after the other.

You would be surprised how we can change the way we do things without intentionally making the change of how we do something. I have watched this with many patients over the years. This may be the same with you. It could be a defect in the lenses or the patient is not able to handle the new cl material very well which means a change of brand used but don't wait more than a month to return to the doctor.

Remember the doctor and his staff does not work for Lenscrafters. LC does not pay the dr and his staff or pay his business license fees or his taxes.