Los Angeles, California

I have been a loyal customer for 15 years to Lens Crafters in Brea, CA. I paid for extra for scratch resistant glasses. Well they got scratched approximately 6-months after I bought them. Lens Crafters refused to honor their guarantee.

I am a 65-year old woman on a fixed income, who needs her glasses and would not carelessly handle her "eyes". Employees were sarcastic, patronizing, rude and not helpful at all. I only wanted my glasses fixed not a new pair. Will followup with the corporate office.

Please think twice before going to Lens Crafters In Brea CA.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lenscrafters Eyeglasses.

Comments

The lenses are SCRATCH-RESISTANT, not SCRATCH-PROOF! Most oft he time its the customers not cleaning them properly.

ALWAYS wet your lenses with solution or water before wiping them (even with a safe cloth!) b/c you get dirt and grit which will just buff into the lenses if wiped when dry. This is what causes most of the scratches.

Get over youself and take responsibility for yourself. Glasses are going to scratch no matter how old you are.

They don't give the 65 year old people different lenses from the 20 year olds. Accountability is a lost concept in this country.

#20590

OH come on folks - YOU are dealing with PLASTIC lenses here - not glass - and as you know plastic will scratch - no matter what

now i am not saying they where great at addressing your concerns - however - if they do free lenses for you - they would need to do it to everyone - to treat everyone the same - now i don't work for them - however - at our place - YOU will not get nearly the same crazy 30 DAY return policy ( YOU Buy them - that is it - that is why we have mirrors for you to look in - ) _ not to be able to bring them back since your friends may not love them

2- you break a frame or scratch a lens (( BESIDES MANUFACTURERS DEFECT - not pt error ) - YOU PAY FULL PRICE - no 50 % off for 1 yr -

so i suggest you look around - and see that most places - do not give away the house - !! esp for simple scratches -

I totally agree. My son got his glasses in Nov 2007 and now has a scratch in the center of one lens which bothers his vision.

I called the local Lens Crafter and was greeted ( and use the term loosely) by a woman who was just like uh huh uh huh uh huh---felt like I was inconveniencing her by calling and felt rushed to ask my questions-- then put on hold and someone named Mark got back and was like-- well they are scratch resistant-- we dont guarantee not getting scratches and you need to purchase a new lens-- I was asking well what about the extra cost I paid for the scratch guard-- he kept saying nothing is guaranteed... just rude and ignorant service and I dont ever want to go there again....

considering we are all a glasses wearing family and get new glasses every 18 months-- they will loose some business from us-- but they must be doing well because they just dont car! Calling corporate as well!