Las Vegas, Nevada

I have spent hundreds on glasses, sunglasses, etc. at Lens Crafters over the years. Recently I had an economic downturn and needed help getting new glasses. Lens Crafters touted a charity program called "Gift of Sight Program". A person needed a prescription and a letter from a non profit with their tax ID number on it.

Fine. But, I am finding it impossible to get a non profit to send a blank recommendation with their number on it without knowing at least the ball park figure of the donation. Lens Crafters will not put an amount of the donation verbally or in writing, making it impossible for the non profit to back the donation in their records.Isn't this illegal?

The manager was rude, condescending, and I am very upset at even trying to get help from this sham of a charity program.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lenscrafters Manager.

Comments

it is NOT just for the dirt poor u *** it is for the people who just can not afford to buy glasses at this point in time due to financial difficulties so i say to you shove it up your ***!oh one more thing i dont care who it is EVERYONE should be treated with respect but i will be the 1st one to treat one badly if im also being mistreated!

For those who are truly in need, the Lions Club works with LC on the GOS program. They sponser people in need and write a letter for them.

You can also go to your church, or if you have a child, you can go through their school.

If you show up in designer clothes with a sob story, you will NOT be taken seriously! If you can carry around a Prada bag, than you don't need glasses for free.

The frames are pre-selected styles that are kept seperate from the other frames, and you will be given plastic lenses, unless you have a a high rx that requires polycarb lenses.

The point, is that its a one time deal, with the most basic products, in an effort to help you see clearly so you can get back on your feet!

To the person who started this post, I think it was the manager who was in the wrong. We can tell you the price if we see your rx. All the charity is paying for are the lenes and once the lens you will be in is decided, its easy to just write it down. I am sorry you had to deal with that in a time of need.

PS. .

to all those brillian buttheads that THINK it so easy to just go out and get a job so you dont have to try to get something you desperately NEED thru a charity program. . . .

.then Id like to know where all these jobs are. . maybe you can tell me!!! Because I have been looking and applying for some time now and NOTHING is happening for me..

NOTHING.. .and I have a good resume and good experience. . so maybe YOU can tell me just HOW I can get that job that you seem to THINK is so EASY to get!!

Its real easy to talk. .

. but til you are in someone elses shoes and dealing with their life then I really do think you need to keep your butthead mouths SHUT.

I also was signed up for the GIFT OF SIGHT program. . WHAT A SCHAM that was. . . they should call it GIFT OF CRUMBS. .

And how dare some of you put down the people on here . . you dont know everyones situation. This is SUPPOSE to be a program that IF you qualify for it whatever your situatoin is, Lenscrafters SHOULD treat you like anyone else and you SHOULD receive treatment AND product like anyone else. But you DONT.

First of all. . not one of the gals in that shop smiled the whole time I was there. They were like robots. I tried to be witty and smile and make it nice but not one of them even responded. AS IF I hadnt said a thing.

After I was given the eye exam the one gal tells me to go out to the one table and there will be a tray with frames in it that I can choose a frame from. When I looked in the tray I asked the one gal if these were mens glasses. She said YES. I told her they looked like womens glasses and kids glasses. There was NO selection and honestly NONE Of them looked very masculine or like anything Id want to put on my face to wear. I expressed my feelings about the few frames that were in this tray. I was told this. . . ' for somone that cant afford to buy frames then these are all the frames that someone like YOU can choose from'. AS IF I were below human OR I was not worthy to have a nice pair of masculine looking frames that fit my face. She then told me that the frames in the tray which were offered for people that cant afford to pay are discontinued frames and frames they cant get rid of. She told me these were frames that were considered UNISEXUAL. I told her that I was a man and wanted to look like a MAN.. not some freak with kiddy looking glasses or womans glasses on my face. She then told me that they couldnt help me then and that Id have to go elsewhere.

HOW AWFUL is THAT? Is this a CHARITY program? I DONT THINK SO. . I felt awful when I left there. . it was hard enough to go someplace like that and be part of a charity program. .. but to be treated like I was some kind of street person and ONLY given a few choices that were basically frames they couldnt sell. . well, thats pretty pathetic.. . Thats like having a Thanksgiving dinner for the neighborhood and asking the poor people to sit in the back . . . THATS how I felt.. I was not only disappointed to get glasses that I really needed. ..but to be treated as if I were some kind of retched poor person and not shown the more suitable frames that anyone else was choosing from. I was furious. I called this organization that I was going thru when I got home. . and blasted the case worker there for sending me to a place like that. . and makeing me go thru the humiliation of all that . . .. Ive got enough problems already. . I dont need to be humiliated by a business that is PRETENDING to be charitable. . they obviously are NOT.

My experience with Lenscrafters was a really bad experience. . not only from the charity standpoint but from a very poor customer service experience as well .. VERY POOR.

I would NEVER go back to them again. . NEVER.

Sorry but I just brought my old frames into a Lenscrafters here in Escondido and just for one pair of lenses the cost was over $500.00 That's BS. There 50% off sale is a bunch of ***. Everytime they have a sale, it never seems to apply to what I need.

Sell your computer, quit complaining, get a job, spend time earning a living not begging for a freeby....

"Luxottica is the closest thing to a monopoly, I can come up with.

Are you pissed off at LensCrafters? Just go to Pearle Vision right? Nope. Same company. Surely, Target or Sears will get you clear of the bad taste LenCrafters has left you with. No again."

"Arnette, Killer Loop, Luxottica, Persol, Ray-Ban, Revo, Sferoflex, Vogue, Adrienne Vittadini, Anne Klein, Brooks Brothers, Bvlgari, Byblos, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, D&G, Donna Karan, DKNY, Genny, Miu Miu, Moschino, Prada, Ralph Lauren, Salvatore Ferragamo, Sergio Tacchini, Versace, Versus"

If you want to avoid doing business with this company, you'll have to avoid all these brands.

WOW!!! If you've spent that much money on glasses, you don't need the GOS program anyway.

Like the above poster said, its for dirt-poor people.

I've been on over 10 GOS missions, and I've single handedly administered well over 1,000 exams.

Your crazy!!

I have done over 100 GOS glasses/ can not re-call one organization asking for a total price!

How dare you complain about not having a reference for Gift of sight and blaming it on the program. If your financial circumstances are that bad you would be involved with appropriate programs to get the references for the program.

We are talking about a program for people whose luck is not just down they are down and out, rock bottom and Gift of Sight is for people with nooooo resources.

What right of entitlement do you have to a gift anyway. With that kind of attitude you may be be getting just the type of Karma you put out.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!! That program is for those that are dirt-poor and have no insurance whatsoever.

Don't you think that if what they were doing was illegal that the feds might have busted them sometime in the past 25 years?

How about you save your pennies and BUY yourself a pair. Maybe getting another job might be in order?