Lenscrafters - Lens Crafter Defective Lens

Update added by user Apr 26, 2014

Hello All, I wanted to update my post.A member of Lens Crafter reached out to me, and they reevaluated the condition of my lenses.

After evaluating that the lenses had a defect they replaced them for me free of charge, no further questions asked. The district manager I worked with was very pleasant and very apologetic. I am grateful that they resolved the problem when it was brought to the corporate level.

The problem with the lens was a rare problem, especially considering I have been a lens crafter customer for 20 years and never had a problem like it.I was very glad to see that the issue was finally resolved.

Original review posted by user Apr 19, 2014

I purchased my glasses less than six months ago from a Lens Crafters and paid almost 400 for them. Within a month I noticed a strange foggy pattern that appeared on only one side of my glasses lens.

I am always extremely careful with my glasses and only clean them with water and the cloth made for glasses cleaning. When the spots on the lens started to severely obstruct my vision, I took the glasses to my optometrist who agreed that the problem with my glasses was a defect in the lens itself. He explained that this is common for lens crafter glasses to have the 'anti glare" or anit-scratch film to 'peel off" causing this defect.

When I visited a lens crafter in my local area to fix this problem, the staff member I worked with was extremely rude. She did not even look at my glasses carefully to see what the problem is. She dismissed the problem as "scratches", again she didn't even look at my glasses. I tried to hand them to her and she waved me away and tried to sell me a new pair. From the photo attached you can see that the problem clearly is not scratches and there is some-type of defect inside the lens itself. Only on one lens.

The customer service in the store was non existent. I have never been spoken to so rudely from a sales person and I am a frequent customer of lens crafter, having worn glasses for the past 20 years. A friend of mine came to the store with me and was also surprised at the customer service. When I came home I wrote a complaint to on lens crafters website but never heard anything back.

I will never shop at a lens crafters again and I am sharing with my family and friends my experience. Embarrassingly enough the spots on the glasses are visible when I wear them and other people question "oh there is something wrong with your glasses" I tell them that I received the glasses from lens crafters to warn people of this problem. Its clear that the damage is 'inside" the lens.

I have always chosen lens crafter because of the claim to have quality lenses however from my experience I feel very cheated and scammed. I can't believe that they won't even offer a solution or help of any kind for a defect with their product. I have researched this problem and found it is somewhat common for people who purchase from lens crafters which makes me even more concerned.

Buyer Beware!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Product or service
Defective Lens
Review category
Eye and Ear Care
review #483540 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lenscrafters? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 5 Yes 5
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 21 #1115572 Blacklick, Ohio

I have the same foggy spots on my Lenscrafter lenses after less than a year. This is the most I ever paid for lenses so I plan to complain.

Oct 16, 2015 #1049328

My glasses from Sears has done the same thing! The lady that helped is not very professional. I've been with them for over 12 years and when I got my new glasses 3 weeks ago they did not have the anti glare which I told her I wanted what I always have ordered.They did not have it. Called 2 weeks ago and she told me it would be $30.00 well they charged me $60.00. Would just as well go to a Americas best

Aug 31 #1206286 Baltimore, Maryland

DO NOT waste you're time with Americas Best. After remaking my glasses three times I asked for a refund. I was told that they would have to take the price of the eye exam off the refund. The amount left over from that was $27 for TWO pair of glasses!!! A real scam shop!!

Aug 28, 2015 #1026224

I had the same problem and LC did replace them. 6 months later, they did it again!! I just gave up and stopped buying from LC. Plus I have to drive 160 miles round trip just to get to their store in Tucson. Never had the problem with glasses I get now. $500.00 wasted!!
PS, I had been going to LC for 15 - 20 years. Thay lost a good customer!!

Mar 05, 2015 #954371

I just buy my glasses online anymore. The coating wears away a little faster than glasses bought at an optometrist. They might last 2 years or so with everyday use, but they are only $60 as compared to the hundreds I would have to spend at a place like Lenscrafters

Mar 05, 2015 #954434

Thanks, I purchase glasses now at COSCO, it only cost me $100.00 - Even though Lenscrafter did fix the problem, a friend of mine has had the same issue with both his Lens Crafter glasses- he keeps them in the cases and washes them with warm water only, the glasses are overpriced for the quality.

Fleeced customer

Oct 10, 2014 #883080 Brampton, Ontario

Wow. The very same thing is happening right now to my $500 glasses. The CSR pretended that she did not know what happened. This is a rip.off. Hope everyone beware and do not fill your prescription with them. More so the location at Bramalea city centre.

No more LensCrafters for me

May 31, 2014 #822360 Kansas City, Missouri

Same thing happened to my $700 glasses, that I've had for 13 months. They tried to tell me that it was my fault...either the way I cleaned them or laying the glasses on the lenses, which I have NEVER done. After reading several similar stories, I'm sure they knew about the problem and just flat lied to me! Im 60 yrs old - all my friends have glasses...the EXPENSIVE ones. I'm also on Facebook. I'm telling everyone I know to NEVER go to LensCrafters (and they won't)! They aren't the only eyeglass company in town!

6 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lenscrafters. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Lenscrafters.
Filing a new complaint about