Update added by user Apr 26, 2014
Hello All, I wanted to update my post.A member of Lens Crafter reached out to me, and they reevaluated the condition of my lenses.
After evaluating that the lenses had a defect they replaced them for me free of charge, no further questions asked. The district manager I worked with was very pleasant and very apologetic. I am grateful that they resolved the problem when it was brought to the corporate level.
The problem with the lens was a rare problem, especially considering I have been a lens crafter customer for 20 years and never had a problem like it.I was very glad to see that the issue was finally resolved.
Original review posted by user Apr 19, 2014
I purchased my glasses less than six months ago from a Lens Crafters and paid almost 400 for them. Within a month I noticed a strange foggy pattern that appeared on only one side of my glasses lens.
I am always extremely careful with my glasses and only clean them with water and the cloth made for glasses cleaning. When the spots on the lens started to severely obstruct my vision, I took the glasses to my optometrist who agreed that the problem with my glasses was a defect in the lens itself. He explained that this is common for lens crafter glasses to have the 'anti glare" or anit-scratch film to 'peel off" causing this defect.
When I visited a lens crafter in my local area to fix this problem, the staff member I worked with was extremely rude. She did not even look at my glasses carefully to see what the problem is. She dismissed the problem as "scratches", again she didn't even look at my glasses. I tried to hand them to her and she waved me away and tried to sell me a new pair. From the photo attached you can see that the problem clearly is not scratches and there is some-type of defect inside the lens itself. Only on one lens.
The customer service in the store was non existent. I have never been spoken to so rudely from a sales person and I am a frequent customer of lens crafter, having worn glasses for the past 20 years. A friend of mine came to the store with me and was also surprised at the customer service. When I came home I wrote a complaint to on lens crafters website but never heard anything back.
I will never shop at a lens crafters again and I am sharing with my family and friends my experience. Embarrassingly enough the spots on the glasses are visible when I wear them and other people question "oh there is something wrong with your glasses" I tell them that I received the glasses from lens crafters to warn people of this problem. Its clear that the damage is 'inside" the lens.
I have always chosen lens crafter because of the claim to have quality lenses however from my experience I feel very cheated and scammed. I can't believe that they won't even offer a solution or help of any kind for a defect with their product. I have researched this problem and found it is somewhat common for people who purchase from lens crafters which makes me even more concerned.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Defective Lens
- Review category
- Eye and Ear Care
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The first pair I bought was My Girl from Urban Outfitters. After a month of having them, I accidentally scratched the lenses beyond repair. I emailed Quay, and their response..."
- "1. I bought a sample of Hydroderm"""offre d essai""". 4,75 euros with my crédit card. 2 but I saw that a second Time 84,75 euros taken off at my..."
- "Phonak iCom wire falls apart. On my 4th device. They kepp charging for a new one. ..."
- "I bought a Gengar crewneck for 72 dollars in october - 2016. They said there was about 1 month shipping time because they are a small company with many customers...."
- "Bosch Washing Machine under Sears Maintenance Agreement - washer is likely 10 years old, the main bearing went out just after Thanksgiving (November) 2016 - unable to use washer until..."
- "I woke up this morning to find my truck like this the manager from Rent A Wheel decided to come by my house late at night and remove the valve..."
- "Purchased Commercial gooseneck lighting for outdoor sign lighting and for my exterior seating area and awning lighting purposes. After 15 days I finally received my order. I ordered all the..."
- "I ordered Stone Outdoor Fireplace which arrived with a broken base. I called Sunjoy Industries at 866-578-6569 four times. Spent more than an hour waiting for a live person...."