Johnson City, Tennessee

I WENT TO LENSCRAFTERS IN OCT 2011 AND GOT AN EYE EXAM FOR GLASSES, I DIDNT HAVE THE MONEY THEN TO BUY GLASSES. I HAD TO SAVE FOR THEM.

IN MARCH, I WENT TO ANOTHER LOCATION AND ORDERED GLASSES AND WHEN THEY CAME IN I COULD SEE FOR READING BUT DISTANCE WAS TOTALLY BLURRY TO THE POINT I WAS SICK TO MY STOMACH. THEY CHECKED MY OLD GLASSES AND TOLD ME THE PRESCRIPTION I GOT FROM LENSCRAFTERS WAS TOTALLY OFF ON THE DISTANCE PART. I CALLED LENSCRAFTERS AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD HAVE TO CHARGE ME FOR ANOTHER OFFICE VISIST TO CHECK MY EYES. I WAS LIVID.

THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR EXAMS IF YOU DONT BUY GLASSES FROM THEM. WHERE IS THAT IN THE FINE PRINT? DONT TRUST THEM.

NOW I HAVE TO BUY MORE GLASSES PLUS HAVE AN EYE EXAM DOWN TO GET A CORRECT PRESCRIPTION. WHAT A RIP OFF.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lenscrafters Eye Exam.

Comments

In my case Lenscrafters is at fault,went back 4 times to Vista Ridge mall,the manager told me it was my fault the way I moved my head.

The other optical store found that the bifocal lenses were crooked,mixed far and close.

I paid over $1000 before my insurance, $600 from my pocket.

Same with my $600 glasses,I went several times back because I could use them.

Now I went to another store and was told the bifocal glasses were crooked mixing far and close.

Lenscrafters refuses responsability.

I even felled when wearing them.

This rant should be against the doctor, not Lenscrafters. The doctors are an independent practice located inside of Lenscrafters, not employeed or a part of Lenscrafters.

Wrong scripts happen all the time because most people try to "cheat" on thier eye exam (by squinting on the visual acuity test, or just trying to rush through and not properly communicating with the doctor). Lenscrafters also has the best satisfaction guarantee in the market, it's your own fault you didn't take part in getting your glasses replaced in time and held on to an rx for months before getting it filled. For all we know, you're eyes could have changed because you waited too long to have glasses made. If the reading rx was correct and your distance was 'blurry', it was possibly just in need of an adjustment where the bifocal line was up to high or you could have been looking out of the wrong part of the glasses.

Most progressive customers that come into the store don't want to take the time to get used to the rx or they aren't open to taking the time to let an optician adjust the glasses and train them on the proper use of progressive lenses. This rant is bogus.

buzzbum76

Most docs will give a 60 day or 90 day re-refraction at no charge if there are problems with the RX. Anything longer than that I will guarantee that the majority will charge you for another exam because it is possible for vision to change in a matter of months (rare, but possible). How long was it between your exam and your purchase of the glasses?

Mad Michael

g6MAN As you can see this also happned to me also. I think this happnes more than we know?

The doctors in lenscrafters aren't affiliated with us. They are Independent Doctors of Optometry so we can't tell them what to charge.

Plus how old were your old glasses? Maybe there ways a big presciption change that you needed to get used to but never gave them a chance. Also you don't go to another store to see if its correct. You grow some balls and go back to Lenscrafters and have them check it.

You are limited to a 90 day rx change. Why would you wait longer than 3 months to get this *** done?!?! And maybe the place you got your glasses from screwed up on getting the rx right, incorrect measurements, different prog and coating, the list goes on and on.

You need to keep all your optical needs in ONE store that way you dont go jumping around from place to place and chances of miscommunications. Anything else I can answer for you?