filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lenscrafters has the worst costumer service!

Well i had my new glasses handed to me March 21st, not even 2 weeks later my glasses are spotty and it seems as if the glare resistant stuff had chipped off. I go in and a manager gives me this BS of a story saying that i scratched it and it is my problem yada yada yada.... So i call corporate and yes you may ask what day today is and it is April 24th and they call me and tell me to go get new lenses and this is after calling like twice a week.... What BS.... The management is rude and no one know what to do.... I will NEVER and i mean NEVER buy another pair of glasses there so long as i live.

Were they really rude or did you just not get your way??

Service
Lenscrafters Manager

LensCrafters review in Chico, California: Follow up on "LensCRAPPERS"

Follow up on previous letter. After many days and hours trying to receive some satisfaction from this company, I finally got somewhere. They will not give out any "corporate or headquarter" phone numbers , you must deal with the local store. I got absolutely no where with the store in question so contacted one within 80 miles. Spoke with the manager there who was wonderful. I explained the situation to him and told him I was not getting any body to even talk to me let alone anything else. He called me back the next the day after talking with the other store's manager. He told me the manager would contact me that day. The original manager who told me that the cracked lenses were due to "too much hairspray" (I don't use it) told me that he would be glad to offer me new lenses. They were even ready when I got to the store today. In the mean time I spoke with an optician here in the town I live and he told me that stress cracks can come in to play when the lenses are even the tiniest bit too large. Or when the permanent marker they use to "mark" your lenses are not wiped off correctly. Both of these were denied by Lenscrafters. This optician has been in business for over 40 years and I think he knows more than the 22 year old "manager" I dealt with. Even though they finally came thru and gave me new lenses I will not be going back. Hour or no hour. I have spent literally thousands in that company and hopefully I will live long enough to spend thousands in another. Their lab coats, name tags and fancy frames are all a facade for poor customer service. You are taking a risk with this place. Glasses are too expensive to put your trust into someone out for the almighty dollar only.

THE TRUTH:

Quality eyewear can not be properly fabricated the Lenscrappers way. Here is the Lenscrapper formula.

One commissioned sales person (not an Optician) One trainee with a GED manufacturing the low quality eyewear.

One Manager who is little more than a corporate *** who will dispense the glasses with the wrong Rx to keep the store bonus high. And finally a lot of Bull *** if theconsumer has a problem.

I have been a Lab manager for over 20 years - and the new thing is that if

your spray alcohol on the lens while they are mounted - the alcohol drips down into the bezel - and reacts with the polycarbonate which in turns causes cracking -

Personally i hate poly - and will not wear it or sell it - unless i have to

but i have seen a difference by putting the alcohol on the wipe and not on the lens -

time will tell

i think that is what they mean by wiing off the marker wrong

So to be clear you want the best you just don\'t want to pay for it...you were offered credit for what you paid for the origional lenses. You were only asked to pay the difference of what you would have paid to begin with.

I have had two bad experiences with LC.

(no,... more than that,but we'll keep it at two)

My lenses cracked twice. They told me that I must have used harse cleaner on my glasses or that I pull them off my head wrong. Wouldn't both sides crack if that was the case. I only used the wipes and spray clean that they sell. At first they wanted me to pay $160 to replace the one lense that fractured. They then made me feel as if they were doing me a favor by only charging me $80 and they would make both lenses for me to make sure the prescription was equal in both eyes. Well, 6 months later, the same side has cracked again, same place. I called and told them what happened and they responded that the warranty had lapsed because they had to take it back to the original date of purchase and they were only able to replace them the first time as a professional courtesy,only!

Yeah, what a joke. I would think they could make a product that could withstand breaking if you clean them or pull the glasses off your head. I won't return to LensCrafters ever. And I hope others will read this and think about it before they go . I've gotten all my glasses there in the past,... mine, my husband, daughters and son. Lost a great customer LensCrafters

As an optician for over 15 years I need to chime in !! Stress crack are caused also from miss use !!

I know from personal experience with my childrens eyewear (which I made myself ) When the frame gets bent and causes pressure on the lenses this can bring on "stess marks". When complaining about another company it very easy "expert" opinions. I ask my customers to "USE COMMON SENSE" If your stress marks appeared( as they should have )within a few months on purchase I am sure whomever sold them to you would take care of the problem. How long after your purchase did this happen?

Do you have children? Pets? What is your daily activity?

Do you play sports?

Have a nice day....get a clue !

Yes, stress cracks are caused by lenses being too big, but they are also caused by stretching out the temples, heat, and other things. There is no right answer 100% of the time.

I learned this as I had it happen to my glasses and talked to a lab manager who has been in the bus. for over 20 years.

And by the way, you can post a complaint on the lenscrafters web site. Looks like you did your homework well!

"In the mean time I spoke with an optician here in the town I live and he told me that stress cracks can come in to play when the lenses are even the tiniest bit too large. Or when the permanent marker they use to "mark" your lenses are not wiped off correctly."

I CAN UNDERSTAND THE STRESS MARKS IF LENSES ARE A BIT TO LARGE BUT PERMANENT MARKER NOT WIPED OFF CORRECTLY CAUSING CRACKS!!

PLEASE, THINK ABOUT THAT

ONE! WHAT SENSE DOES THAT MAKE? I HAVE BEEN IN THE BUSINESS AS LONG AS HE HAS. TO REMOVE THE MARKER WE ALL USE ALCOHOL SPRAYED ON THE LENS THEN CLEAN IT WITH A CLOTH.

HOW DOES THAT CAUSE CRACKS? IF THAT WERE THE TRUE THEN EVERY ONE WOULD HAVE CRACKED LENSES!

View more comments (6)
Service
Lenscrafters Manager

LensCrafters review in Naples, Florida: The people were friendly and the service was good

Sorry some of you had a bad experience with Lenscrafters. We have been using them for years and never had one bad event. My wife and I just got new glasses on 4-18-08, we were waited on right away and there was no pressure to up grade. The sales man offered the up grades,explained them and let us make the choice. Our glasses were ready on time and fitted by a friendly tech. What's agrivating is what you have to go through to post a comment on this site. It's hardly worth the effort. Dave, Naples Fl.
Loss

LensCrafters review in Chula Vista, California: Imposters pose as professionals

Give me a white, blue or cream colored lab coat, a nice looking pen and a small organizer and I'll be your Optical Advisor. The color of my lab coat may seem to indicate something to you but I can see that you're not sure what. That is ok, if you're confused I'm ok with that, in fact i'm comfortable with that. Now, what can I sell you...er...excuse me... how may I help you? Oh! you look very nice in those frames (but the're only $125) I think these ($325 put my thumb over the price tag) would match your hair better. ( I must remember my training, close the deal quickly, keep the customer thinking about how they look and that the vision problems they have with their new glasses will be more acceptable in a few weeks). Oh I see you collect boinks, Charles our Optician used to collect boinks when he was a sanitary engineer. I'll see if he could find time to speak to you. Oh I've been working here for 231 years now. Excuse me I be right back. Hi what may I sell..er..help you with. Thank you for (shopping) using Lenscrafters.

i hate to tell you - but working in both retail stores such as lenscrafters - and currently a od's office - they are all in business to make a profit -

does your place of employment - not want to make a profit - ? Do u work for a non profit - and volunteer your time -

with a retail store so large - doing so much business - it is a unreal expectation - to employ all licensed opticians - so therefore yes - they do have jobs for say a frame stylist - NOt saying some of these folks have more knowledge of say a lic. optician - but to keep the doors open - ( esp for those that like to shop nights - weekends - ect ( when they get out of there 9-5 job ) - they must employ folks that can help you pick out frames - and go over products -

let me assure you - they do have a extensive training program - and although you seemed to have a bad exp- I THINK YOU WOULD HAVE AT ANY OPTICAL SHOP !

Just seems that you may be one - that likes to complain - but takes no action - to address and maybe correct the situation you where in - ( say asking for a mgr - to voice your concerns CONSTRUCTIVELY - or asking for a optician to help you -

regardless - as for sales part - ALL OPTICAL shops are there - to listen to what you like and dislike about your current glasses - and then make recommendation on a new product to better address your concerns -

I just love folks that say - OH they up sold me - antiglare lenses - when in fact upon speaking with the person - you said

1- YOU WANTED the best vision -

2- you work on the computer

3-you wanted the thinnest lens -

WELL if you said yes to these - then - YES you would have been sold non glare products -

as for the pricing - that was sorta address in another posting here -

i have compared lenscrafters prices to our - and they do offer a wide array of product s take for instance - they do carry many different progressive lenses - and YES they all range in price based on technology and also quality - so if you want just a so so lens - they have one for you - but be prepared to get what you paid for -

as for havign to wait for the glasses to be ordered come on - AT our office - some glasses may take 2-3- or even 4 weeks to come in - and there is a reason for that -

1- we don't have a 150K lab - ( yes a full lab can be this much ) _ for you to get your glasses same day

2- as for anti glare - on any bifocals or progressives - these systems run 75-200 K themselves - so therefore to get the best product - for you - they go to folks that specialize in that -

PERSONALLY I would rather wait for any product someone had to order for me - since it shows it is a great product and special in itself -

we see many folsk that think these retailers are ripping them off in some way - wanting to basement bargins - and when they come see us - they almost have a heart attack when they see

1-they don't get to pick out another pr of glasses just because they do not like the 1st pr they picked out -

2- They don't get their aaa discount - or insurance coverage -

they realize SOME of those issues you had issues with are not as bad as you make them out to be -

SINCE MOST PLACES - do not offer ANY DISCOUNTS - NO RETURNS - NO 1 yr discounts if your dog or kid ruin your glasses -

we can not afford to work like that -

so although we do have entry level older products - we can get you -

we in priv offices - use the best products - which may be 750 bucks just for your progressive lenses - and maybe a 200- 400 for frames - and liek i said NO DISCOUNTS - and say your frame breaks - don't expect others to give you a pr - or do deep discounts because this is not reality !!

Like it or not, the LensCrafters opticians, managers, and those aspiring to be either or both, have a tough job. They are understaffed and overworked.

They need to upsell to remain gainfully employed. Glasses in 1 hour is a 2-edged sword. This is an example of the latest corporate thinking applied to what used to be a local business, but they can't be everything to everybody.

LensCrafters is a good place to get your first pair or a fast replacement. You can try on frames without dealing with locked glass cases also.

Well, that is just another wonderful letter showing how important it is to make sure your state is a "licensed" state. In TN it is required that a Licensed Optician be on duty at all times of business.

To achieve this level an optician must apprentice for 3 years as well as pass 3 state boards regarding lens, contacts, and manufacturing issues.

I know this post doesn't really address the ignorance of the prior post, but unfortunately the socially/educationally challenged are allowed to get in their car and drive to any store and make their ignorance known to all. When you leave sir, know that all have been entertained and feel a lot better about ourselves.

You need to grow up and act like an adult. If you were so unhappy with your service you could've spoke with a manager on the spot.

You could have also spoken with the technician and asked to work with someone else. Instead, you decide to type some *** post so others don't try lenscrafters. They are highly trained with high standards. Someone they excuse themselves and must attend to other customers too.

You need to grow up and quit acting like a child. They are doing their job the best they can, trying to please *** like you. Thanks and please come back to lenscrafters where they will still be opened everyday with a lab on site.

You sit there making up this *** post and talk about their failures but obviously you don't have any grammar so you were probably some *** in the store and that is why they left you. I can't blame them.

View more comments (3)

Franklin Lenscrafters

I visited the Lenscrafters Store in the Cool Springs Mall north of Franklin TN last Mon. in hopes of replacing several pairs of lenses. Things went smoothly until the young lady waiting on me suggested she take the various frames to the back to have the technician look them over. She carried three frames with her and when she returned I was informed that one pair was questionable because the screws were worn out. That came as quite a revelation because that particular frame had only been on my face 3-4 times. The rest of the 3 years they had been sitting in a drawer. When I informed the young lady of this she simply explained things wear out. Now had it been some of the frames that I've had some trouble with lately I could have agreed but this was just blatant deception in order to sell another pair of frames. I walked out with not much left to be said about their business practices. And remarkably when I went to 2 other places they found no such problems with those frames. Amazing what some companies teach their employees.

maybe- just maybe - the screw issue they referred to was from the actual production of the 1st pair -

i have seen - many times - regardless of how many times you actually had the frame on - that when they where produced - the screw heads get screwed up -

I AM NOT SAYING THEY SHOUDL HAVE NOT JUST PUT ANOTHER SCREW IN THEM _ ( what i prob would do ) - but personally - i am not a big fan of using old frames of pts - regardless of how many times you used them -

1 fold answer -

1- regardless of how used they are - the frame itself will undergo stress - and even BRAND NEW FAMES RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX - do break in the manufacturing stage -

this is just the truth - so if they do not carry the product - and they are a used frame - it is just easier to say they do not want to try to use them -

because if they do TY to use them - and they BREAK - (( WHICH I SIAD THEY DO AT TIMES ) - there is no way to replace them for you - and i would imagine - you would expect this -

2-- say they use the frame - and 1 day later - or even 3 mnths later - and the frame breaks - I would imagine u - ( LIKe MOST PTS ) expect the lenses to be edged down to fit another frame - since THE FACT IS THE MANUFACTURE MORE THEN LIKELY DISCONTINUED THE PRODUCTION OF THE FRAMES - THIS IS COMMON PRACTICE_ they produce new models -a nd get rid of old ones - so therefore - you just spent say 400 bucks on lenses - and your frame breaks - and then you have ot purchase another 400 dollar lenses - and also purchase a new replacement frame - for YOURS THAT BROKE _

that is why is better if anyone sees something on a frame - to decide not to use it ---

I AM NOT SAYING THAT your frame was so bad - it could not be done - but how there system is set up = for the most part - their discounts will be different based on a complete pr vs putting lenses into your own frame -

you will see time and time again - it will be CHEAPER to get frame and lenses - compared to putting lenses into your old frame - and that MAY be the reason why they wanted to steer you in that direction - and not try to make u unhappy when you front that $$ - and something goes wrong - later - in which you would say they where ripping you off because they could not replace the frame - or the product was no longer aval.

as for any waiver that some say they will sign - they really do not mean a thing in the legal sense - since once they take that frame and agree to trying it - they take ownership - and they must have been burned - and have learned their lesson -

DID YOU ORG -purchase them from them ? or elsewhere -

how much where these frames org ??

I just love when a pt walks in - the frame breaks and pts expect us - to give them what they paid for 1 or 2 years ago for it - when in fact frames

are worse then cars - with dropping value -

a 500 dollar frame 2 years ago may be really worth - 30-40 bucks today - yet when they break you folks expect a few hundred dollars for new ones - just nut - everyone would go out of business

best of luck

Review
I've been going to Lenscrafter since I was 16, and I'm now 27, which makes me a pretty loyal customer one would say...until today. I got an eye exam in April and they gave me a new brand of contacts. The contacts I ripped really easy I ripped almost 3 pairs...

DOES NOT MAKE SENSE YO ARE HOLDING THIS AGAIST LENSCRAFTERS _ ?

WHERE DO U LIVE _ SINCE IN FACT THIS WAS NOT LENSCRAFTERS ISSUE - OR CUSTOMER SERVICE -- THE DOCTORS ARE INDEPENDENTS AND LC - CAN NOT STEP INTO THEIR BUSINESS NOR VS - VS -

SO MAYBE YOU SHOUDL NOT GO BACK TO THAT OD - BUT DO NOT HOLD LENSCRAFTERS ACCOUNTABLE !!

AS FOR THE 5 MINS AND BEING REFIT - THERE SHOUDL BE NO REASON YOU WAITED 7 MNTHS TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE - THEY ARE RIGHT - YOU WOUDL NEED TO BE REFIT - AND I WOULD IMAGINE - YOU WOUDL WANT THAT NEW RX VALID FOR 1 YR - FORM THAT DATE - AND NOT THE 3 MNTHS YOU WHERE ENTITLED TO ---

SO YOU WHERE COMING DUE FOR THE EXAM - WHY NOT JUST GET IT - AND CHNAGE BRANDS - ?

as ofr the 5 mins - 7 mnths later - is is really unreal that you would expect a professional to give you free exam - or refitting for that much - most practices will do rx changes for 3 mnths TOPS - and any open boxes - after your org set of trials CAN NOT BE returned they are YOURS - u own them -

View more comments