Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

LensCrafters in Whitney, Nevada - Lenses have alligator cracks on them inside the lense

I have the glass' for 2 years and out of warrenty. I went to the store and showed them the glass' with transitional lenses. The store manager says that is what happens after a year with transitionals and he would replace the lenses for $280. I showed him my other ones from lens crafters that are 4 years old and they did not have a problem. He then said that was wear and tear. He also told me that the company's policy will not allow him to redo these defective lenses and would do nothing for me. I think everyone should know about this company and avoid them like the plague. This company does not abide by the cliche "the customer is right". Hopefully this will help everyone.

That's because it strictly is a "cliche" the customer is NOT always right and there will ALWAYS be exceptions to that rule. If you are TWO years out of the warranty then WHY should they have to change your lenses for you. They are obviously not defective.

1988

Two years and out of warranty? That says it all.

It's time for new glasses. I'd be surprised if any optical place would replace them.

View more comments (1)
Lenscrafters Manager
Tags
  • retail store lens crafters

LensCrafters in Herndon, Virginia - Insurance not covered

My daughter made an appoitment with Lenscrafter and was given an appointment time for 10/21/13 at 12pm. Once she got there they took her information and begin to start the eye exam before the reciptionist came in and told her that they did not accept her insurance. All her information should have been inputed and they should have told her before starting the exam that she was not covered by the insurance. They continued with the eye exam and charged her knowing that it was not covered by her insurance. I have used Lencrafter in past I felt that before they even started the exam they should have informed her that the insurance was not accpeted.
Loss
I been wearing glasses forever. My mom was always the person to pick my glasses for me, because I was young. Well now that I'm old enough to shop on my own, I been going by myself, and it has been a horrible experience being followed each time I enter the store. Most...

You were probably followed around because you people are usually up to no good. Trying to steal the "Fo-sace" frames or any other name brand your favorite rapper is rapping about on their latest album.

Or just any frame that has "bling" on it (is that the term you guys use for rhinestones?). Lenscrafters is too expensive for you guys anyways. Stick to the local swap meet eye place or better yet, open your own optical shop targeting your demographic. You could call it "Hip-Hop-tomety".

Or "Glasses for ***". You need not pay me royalties for the names should you choose to use it.

See, I'm charitable! Just like you people expect.

View more comments
Review

LensCrafters in Austell, Georgia - It was great until...

Lenscrafters- Gwinnett Place mall. I went in and actually got great service from the staff and Doctor. But then..i went into the lobby (which i was the only customer) and there was 1.a glasses tech 2.a sales rep (i think) and a friend of the sales rep. After walking around for a while i found a pair i liked, picked them up, and walked over for help from #2. He stated he would be over in a moment and continued talking to his friend so i went back to looking 20 min later he was not helping STILL. The glasses tech came out the back and was very helpful from start to finish to the purchasing process. So i gave him the commission. #2 came over eventually after the tech was ringing me up and looked irritated. Over all no complaints really but they need to fix the staff (sales reps) I LOVE THE TECH AND DOCTOR + the front desk eye exam staff. Hated the sales rep

How do you know that it was a friend's of the sales rep and not a customer the rep was finishing up with? LC Corporate has shaved off the hours that managers are allowed to give their reps to the point they are often understaffed.

Despite this, Corporate expects excellent, prompt service and high sales. It is like Corporate does not have their finger on the pulse of the business!

How do I know this? I've been told so by several LC employees.

@Jenny from the Block

Because they were NOT talking as though they are working together and second if i recall they were talking as friends about people they commonly knew.

#719010

Hello, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize you are unhappy with the service you received at the Gwinnett Place Mall location.

I will be sure to share your feedback with the store management team as it is very valuable and helps us improve. If you would like to email iCare@LensCrafters.com with your name and contact information, I would be happy to have a member of management reach out to you regarding your experience.

You may also contact us at 1 877 753 6727 (option 6) and anyone will be happy to assist you. -Jamie, LensCrafters Customer Care

View more comments (2)
Product
Lenscrafters Eye Exam
went to lenscrafters at Holyoke Mall, to buy glasses for my wife, and get mine from company issued. My wife asked where are the womens and Mens sections, the guy, the worker standing near us, replied that there are no sections any longer, I blurted out, to my wife,...

If you were to go to any business and treat their employees with such disrespect, they would ask you to leave. Now you're posting a poor review because you were too ignorant to have an open mind about some one else's lifestyle.

You probably called their corporate office and complained there too.

It's people like you that make me hate working in a service industry. Go get educated and open your mind you goon.

View more comments
Lenscrafters Customer Care

Male *** at LensCrafters front counter

LensCrafters at Bridgewater Commons Mall Bridgewater New Jersey @ 4:00 pm. I asked for eyeglass wipes and the dum *** responded like he didnt know why i would come to lenscrafters..after i opened my eyeglass case and showed the male *** my reading glasses the dum *** began his canned response. .He told me that "LensCrafters does not give away moist towelettes to clean eyeglasses." that i have to buy them at this store...Bridgewater Commons Mall Bridgewater NJ on August 28, 2013. What a peice of *** this guy was to me today i will go to an optician that gives me cleaning fluid and not buy eyeglasses LensCrafters

Something for nothing. Does that sound wrong to you?

You don't go into a shoe store and ask for free socks because you bought some shoes. Businesses do not work like that you cheapskate.

Seriously? Did you REALLY think they were just going to hand you over FREE cleaning product?

Give me a break. I would have sent your cheap *** packing too.

wow you wanted something for nothing.. i would have told you to get lost too

You sound like a real classy broad. If you approached him even remotely like this, if I were him, I would have ignored you all together.

Stop your :cry and just buy some cleaning supplies yourself if its all that important.

Walgreen $3 for 50 cleaning towelettes. :roll

View more comments (3)
Product
Lenscrafters Eyeglasses

LensCrafters in Downey, California - Manager laughts refused to give me supervizor#

My husband received a exam and purchased eye wear at stonewood mall in downey ca. When he received his glasses,he then notice that they were not what he ordered and he waited another 2weeks for the right ones. But they gave him the same ones. He returned to the store and asked for his money back. They refused to give him our money back but said they could apply it to our visa and which have not received . I then called to speak to a supervisor to resolve this problem and I spoke to martha who was rude and found it funny and then then refused to give me her supervisors name or number . I got so upset that it had me in tears. I never in my life been treated so badly that I have to say it was not only badly , but it was more like abusive. I hope your able to help me and please call me 5622923294. My name is liz floyd
nikalseyn

Dispute the charge with Visa. You did not receive the item they are charging you for. Make sure you don't pay it.

Lenscrafters Manager

LensCrafters - Lenscrafter - No Warranty - Bad Service

Just pissed off this morning when I returned back my daughter's glass having a part fall-off. They said it does not have warranty even though i purchased this 8 months ago. They said I should have purchased an extended warranty. I asked they supposed to have a year warranty but they refused even I told them that I already purchased more than a dozen glasses from them and they said it does not matter. They dont care about their customers nor offer an alternative scheme to satisfy customers. This company should be given warning and customers should not do business with this company.

If you break your glasses why should the company take the hit... ill never understand this mentality. You break it you bought it.

@duh

The glass was not intentionally broken. A part just fell apart due to poor workmanship. If that happens to you, sure you will complain too

#720047

I had the same issue. I will never purchase from Lenscrafters anywhere but Meriden, CT is the worst store.

Went there for 20 years.. but after this year.. never again. I spent over $1200 on 3 pairs of glasses and when a temple piece broke off, I was told that they wouldn't replace it.

(only had to unscrew and replace) The attitude was awful.. called the corporate office and got the same answer..

should had purchased the service contract. There are other places to go and people should stay away.

View more comments (2)

LensCrafters in Fort Myers, Florida - Bad service at lens crafters

they were supposed to mail my new glasses to me. i got one pair only. called them and jessica said they were mailed in same package. i asked her to check because i didn't receive them. they were found and promised to ups them right away. 2 days later i call and they are still there, so i told sharon i'll come back (2 hour drive one way) then she says they are mailed today. i complained to lens crafters web sight. i called them back for a tracking # and more lies and sharon was snotty on the phone with a oh well. this is the lens crafters at the edison mall in fort myers, fl. if i ever receive them, i'm taking them back for a refund. if this is how they treat me after i spent over $900.00 on two pairs of glasses, they don't need my business, my families and my friends

Lenscrafters Ripoff

My wife and I bought 2 pair of glasses from LensCrafters at their Duluth MN location in the mall. My wife's glasses were so strong she couldn't stand to wear them. My frames broke, so we returned to the Duluth location after our winter trip to Texas. They refused to give my wife a new exam to verify if they made a mistake, even though they admitted her prescription normally would not have changed that dramatically. My glasses they repaired the broken mono wire, but did not bother to check the fit until I went back to the store twice. I have never seen such arrogant employees in any business I have traded with. We are out $460, as my wife's glasses are useless. I will never trade with this company again and hope future customers look else ware before doing business with them.
#719998

Well ai bought a pair of coach glasses from them and took it back for repair a man said come back in a hour to pick them up. Well my glasses was lost and could not confirm that I was even there because the guy said you do not have to sign .

So I never hot my glasses back or did they offer to give me another pair at the fair oaks mall .in Fairfax va :

Your wife may have been given their "featherwates" lens- it's a high profit item for them they sell as a high index (thinner) material and jack you up for it.

In actuality it's just polycarb which every optical person with integrity knows is a lousy material for high prescriptions due to the high chromatic aberration (Abbe value).

Anyways - what kind of people do you think you'll deal with when they have to work crack-head hours 363 days a year ?? That goes for the optometrists too !!

They are a sorry outfit with a foreign parent owner - avoid them and see a local optometrist who gives a ***.

@Shafter Monkey

Lenscrafters "parent owner" is Luxottica Retail...a US company!

@Anonymous

Luxottica Retail is owned by Luxottica, an Italian company.

View more comments (3)