LENSCRAFTERS CREDIT CARD - GE MONEY A HUGE RIPOFF!!

May 10, 2010
review #181559

I understood interest-free for 12 months to mean no payment during that time.The sales person specifically told me that was how it worked.

I did not make the first payment on time, thinking I'd just pay when I could as long as I paid it off within 12 months. They charged me $40 for a less than 30 day late fee then charged me $15 to process my payment!!!

(my payment was $30) I'm paying off this card & will advise everyone I know not to use Lenscraftes or GE Money.Lenscrafters should protect they're customers.

96178fe
Had an experience with Lenscrafters?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
LC employee

Jul 20, 2013

Well since when can you miss a payment on any credit card and not get a charge. Bills come in with payment due, that means pay them.

Denise

Aug 15, 2012

Dealing with GE can be complicated, especially if you have to return a pair of glasses. Lenscrafters will not answer any inquiries or follow up on your behalf; they refer you to GE directly. They told me one year no money down, and said I would receive mail from them directly. When I finally insisted on a return after having trouble with focusing, Lenscrafters CSR told me I would have to pay GE directly and Lenscrafters would send me a cheque in the mail in two weeks. When I received no word I contacted GE only to learn that their mail was returned because my apartment number wasn't included in the address, and the interest free period was six months instead of twelve, which meant I had to pay everything in full in two weeks to prevent interest charges. As Shakespeare says, "Neither a borrower or a lender be."

Also, never believe them when they say the frames can be adjusted once the lenses are put in; and never believe them when they say if you are not happy you have so many days to return your eyeglasses.

happy customer

Aug 11, 2012

Needed glasses. Chose Lenscrafters because easy access, prices in line, and they were having a 50% sale. Got 2 pair, bi-focal for distance, bi-focal for computer use. Signed upo for GE CC. They gave me interest free 12 months, so I divided my bill by 12, went on line and set up 12 monthly payments that they take every month on the date I specified. I just look at the confirming e-mail every month and I have a nice day.

patrick

May 16, 2012

Ordered new frames from Lenscrafters...told 10 days to get in (wth they own Oakley why so long?) esp after paying $ 321 dollars. After the 12th day called them to find out where they were...said another 24 hours to know where they were. Told them to cancel.
Looked on E-bay ... same frames available for $ 124.95 delivered in 3 days. They were..as advertised.

Jay

Apr 03, 2012

Lenscrafters employees do not make any commission for signing you up for the credit line. It is available as a courtesy for customers.

Chris

Mar 01, 2012

These complaints should not even allow to be posted. No payments for 12 months? Are you crazy or just plain ***? Maybe you don't know how to read. GE credit a rip off because you think that you didn't any payments for 12 months? I can't believe how *** your complaint makes you look. It's just like watching the *** complainants seen on Judge Judy.

amy

Dec 03, 2011

Make sure you give them the right address when you are buying the glasses. Double check that the correct address is there. Many employees will tell you anything to get their spiffs Ask for all the info in writing They should have material for you at time of purchase. Lenscrafters washes their hands of the whole thing after purchase. You are now dealing with GE Whatever the sales person told you and it is not written down is hearsay.

KG

Nov 17, 2011

While I agree with everyone that No Interest doesn't mean No Payments, it's been two months for me and I haven't received anything.. not the card, statement, anything. AND in the meantime, they've charged me two late fees (finally got someone on the phone today and found this out - since Lenscrafters kept saying they wouldn't give me contact info until it had been over 2 months). So now I STILL can't make any payments until they resend my card and statements AND dispute the late fees. what.the.***.

Amberlee

Nov 04, 2011

I have the ge money card and I luv it. I'm just smart enough to understand what no interest means. I would highly recommend this card it gives you 6 mths to 12 mths to pay off your glasses. Perfect card!

Joot

Oct 17, 2011

I've used GE payment programs several times, including dental, and am currently paying on furniture bought a year ago. It's a great way to pay for large ticket items interest free. Anyone who applied for and received a no-interest loan for a specified time period and mistakenly decided it also meant no payment cannot be too bright or did not read any of the loan documents. It is the borrower's responsibility to understand what they are signing, not Lenscrafters. I actually like the GE program--and BTW--Sam's club cards are also thru GE. Every time I've used the GE program I've paid up to double the minimum monthly payment in order to be rid of the loan ASAP. I've bought lens & frames from Lenscrafters for many years and always received good service. They can be a bit pricey but there's plenty of discounts to apply to the costs. AAA is one.

get a clue

Oct 17, 2011

President passed a bill that as of jan 2011 no interest no payments was illegal for this reason people did not pay their bill
They are allowed to offer no interest but monthly payments MUST be made cerdit 101 is needed by a lot of consumers

oh please

Oct 02, 2011

read what you sign. And it's between you and GE, really. Not you and Lenscrafters. You signed a credit card agreement with GE not Lenscrafters. If you read what you signed you'd know that. Also, minimum payments are pretty much ALWAYS required, even in interest free accounts.

THE WORST BUSINESS COMPANY AND

Oct 02, 2011

I THINK LENSCRAFTERS IS A BAD PLACE TO GO TO FOR YOUR BUSINESS. THEY ARE AS BIG A RIP OFF AS GE AND DON'T SEEM TO CARE. IF YOU ARE DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM, FINALIZE IT AND RUN AND NEVER COME BACK TO THEM AND IF YOU'RE NOT, CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY AND DON'T DO IT.

L Scanlan

May 25, 2011

They have zero customer service. They had my address wrong but sent a collection agency after me for my initial payment of $30. I mentioned I would pay in full if they would wave the interest based on their error. There was nobody who could speak to me about this. They gave me a number for GE Money in the U.S. who didn't even know a thing about Lenscrafters. There was no one who could speak to me about reqctifiying this everyone passed the buck. I was given 4 different numbers by people who weren't sure who I should speak with exactly. There someone who will take your money though. Poor customer service. I wont use Lenscrafters again if that's the kind of lender they have representing their company.

Kimberly

Apr 24, 2011

People who don't understand how credit cards work should not apply for them. There is a distinct difference between "No Interest" and "No Payment". First of all, you should read any agreement before applying for credit. Ask questions if you don't understand something. I have had a Lenscrafters credit card for several years. I have paid by check, or more recently online. As long as you make a monthly payment, there is NO interest. The program lets you split your payments, not defer them.

You shouldn't bash Lenscrafters because of your error.

rachael

Apr 21, 2011

We had the same problem I feel for you we are paying GE money off ASAP and closing our lenscrafters account!!!

Randoid

Apr 20, 2011

Ialso opened an account with Lens Crafters for the intrest free credit card was told the same about the payment. So I thought I would just make payments when the bill came in. I received to statments then I didn't recieve anymore. I called and each time they said I owed the same amount of money and there was no intrest and no payment required at this time. So it was at the years end and still did not receive and statement so I paid the amount and A few days later I checked on the phone they said I owed more money after I paid in full. I got hold of them and asked what was going on? They said there had been a block on my address??? What the H...? We had a nice chat :grin then they dismissed the intrest charge.
I have already cut up my card never to use Lens Crafters credit again.

Uwiners

Apr 20, 2011

No interest for 12 months doesn't mean no payments for 12 months. You have to listen carefully and read what you are signing. I could care less about GE Money, but I think they are getting a bad rap with these complaints. It's very likely you made a mistake. If so, own up to it and pay more attention next time.

TMS

Apr 17, 2011

Good card, I have a few GE cards. I guess I am differnt than most here because I have never had a 30 day derogatory on my credit report ever. I have been using lenscrafters for over ten years and only use this card once a year and like the previous poster said: I split the monthly payments up over six months. Works out pretty well for me. Sounds like most people here need to take credit 101 :grin

Evelyn

Mar 13, 2011

I was also told that I had 12 months to pay up my balance with no interest. So I didn't make my first payment thinking I had another 11 months to pay. To my surprise they have harassed me every day and have charged me interest. Don't buy into GE scan!

1-20 of 34 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Lenscrafters.
Filing a new complaint about
×