Lenscrafters - 30 day guarantee a sham!
I took my daughter to get her first pair of glasses. The girl convinced me to upgrade her lenses to a polycarbonate lens with a scratch resistant coating because they're better for kids and resist cracking, scratches and would be safter for her...guilty mom reasons, etc. So I paid more.
It has not been 30 days. They refused to take the glasses back because the 30 day "no questions asked" guarantee clearly states they have to be in the same condition as when they were picked up and they wouldn't have given her a pair of glasses with a crack in them. She is not athletic, the frames are in perfect condition and the crack is coming from the side of the lens with no other damage around it.
I am sure this has happened before. I talked with another professional who said that they don't use this material because it's really poor quality and doesn't understand why Lenscrafters would use it and why they charge so much for it because it's the cheapest material you can get. Read: not worth the extra $200.
I found this Industry Trouble Shooting Guide which I will bring with me to a different Lenscrafters tomorrow. This article clearly states that often the cracking will not show up for days after the lens is made. This makes it possible for us to be returning them in their original condition, with defective lenses. They just weren't visible at the time.
Hopefully anyone who has this problem can find this article. I think it's terrible that Lenscrafters knows this material is notorious for cracking, it's very low quality and sells it at a ridiculous price. Consumers don't know anything about lenses and are at the mercy of retailers who'll rob them blind in "about an hour".
http://www.eyecarebiz.com/article.aspx?article=512111196dd51 review #163206
You may also like
- "I purchased two human hair wigs on line from this company that advertises celebrity "hair -styled" wigs. I was aghast upon my receipt of these products after about a..."
- "Elaine M Dolci has got to be the worst excuse for an eye doctor ever. She works in Merritt Island / Cocoa Florida area. Rude, impatient and unprofessional...."
- "Her Mug shot http://www.bustedmugshots.com/florida/tampa/kellie-callan/23118641 Her facebook account http://facebook.com/CallKell Pictures of her on google http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=pfwe&cp=13&gs_id=24&xhr=t&q=kellie+callan&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&biw=1024&bih=573&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=kellie+callan&aq=0&aqi=g1g-v3&aql=f&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=3fe849949543139c We also recently found out she appeared on an episode of Hogan Know Best. This is the episode description http://www.tv.com/shows/hogan-knows-best/nicks-girlfriend-442226/ When I..."
- "On march 14th i purchased a ticket for 183.00 my order number isADQE7WI to leave on the 15th but when i got there to semorn Blvd he said my confirmation..."
- "Royal Caribbean mold in stateroom yellow stains on sheets wall paper ripped crayon writings on wall toilet seat wore out furniture scratched up like it fell out of a window...."
- "8 months my family and I did not go to McDonald due to poor customer service, not getting to correct order etc. Tonight I decide to give it another chance...."
- "I Took My 1995 Honda Civic Painted at Maaco at 2617 Lathrop Ave Racine W 53405. The Original Paint Job Was Purple Factory Color... I told them I want civic..."
- "BEWARE! This company, Matt and Marisol Gehman are the owners, were contracted to pick up my Harley and ship it to Australia.The man who bought my bike and hired them..."
- "Yesterday I tried logging into my account on Listia. I sent them a email asking if they could help me out. They sent me a email saying my account was..."