Lenscrafters - 30 day guarantee a sham!
I took my daughter to get her first pair of glasses. The girl convinced me to upgrade her lenses to a polycarbonate lens with a scratch resistant coating because they're better for kids and resist cracking, scratches and would be safter for her...guilty mom reasons, etc. So I paid more.
It has not been 30 days. They refused to take the glasses back because the 30 day "no questions asked" guarantee clearly states they have to be in the same condition as when they were picked up and they wouldn't have given her a pair of glasses with a crack in them. She is not athletic, the frames are in perfect condition and the crack is coming from the side of the lens with no other damage around it.
I am sure this has happened before. I talked with another professional who said that they don't use this material because it's really poor quality and doesn't understand why Lenscrafters would use it and why they charge so much for it because it's the cheapest material you can get. Read: not worth the extra $200.
I found this Industry Trouble Shooting Guide which I will bring with me to a different Lenscrafters tomorrow. This article clearly states that often the cracking will not show up for days after the lens is made. This makes it possible for us to be returning them in their original condition, with defective lenses. They just weren't visible at the time.
Hopefully anyone who has this problem can find this article. I think it's terrible that Lenscrafters knows this material is notorious for cracking, it's very low quality and sells it at a ridiculous price. Consumers don't know anything about lenses and are at the mercy of retailers who'll rob them blind in "about an hour".
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Bought a No No Pro. Try it free for 60 days it says...yeah right. Try to return this thing when you find out it doesn't work and watch the games..."
- "I purchased the a $45.00 celebrity wig from wigsbuy. I was so excited telling everyone about the site. Once I received the wig I could not believe..."
- "My first Bad review EVER!! (Aug. 14)I recently contacted the ltw extensions hair company about a deep wave frontal. I was told there was a deep wave frontal on hand,..."
- "Wanted to ascertain how much it would be to add a day to our upcoming trip. First tried to use the "we will call you back and you won't lose..."
- "hello I was completely dissatisfied purchasing a pack of Oreos. Which were completely a rip off when I receive them with no cream inside. I would like a refund or..."
- "I purchased a 45-piece dinnerware set, LIDO BEACH PATTERN, from BeallsFlorida.com - although well-packed by Bealls, the original Pfaltzgraff packaging was terrible. Other reviewers did state that they received broken..."
- "I had an order for about $1200 in different items. I had 2 of the "hunting" 556 5rd mags on the order. I was getting ready for a..."
- "I purchased a 10" Venturer under cabinet tv, KLV39103, from a national retailer, it was the last one they had and no new ones were on order, because Venturer or..."
- "I bought a refrigerator and stove in May 2015. The project stopped and only last week did I remove the cardboard box from the refrigerator. What I found was a..."